Having a blog is awesome. why?
1. You meet really cool people... it's kind of like internet dating... for friends. That's how I met Holly from Things That Inspire. (far left)
2. People care about you and what you're doing, which is always nice and makes you feel special. ---> who else would sit still as I talked all about my fun Valentines?
3. People present you with unique opportunities.... i.e. a free photo shoot with the love of my life via acclaimed photographer Katie Oblinger.
I recently had 3 amazing things happen to me that reminded me of why having a blog is "The Bomb" (too soon to be retro? Who knows?).
1. A few weeks ago I got an email from a blog reader asking for help listing his home... he wanted to be in The Beacham Series (!??!) I could help with that!
His home is in Druid Hills, so I suggested he work with Erin Yabroudy. Erin has a great new blog about things going on in Atlanta. Read it.
Erin got the listing, and last week I went to photograph 621 Ridgecrest Road.
I was so excited when I drove up! What a great house!
I was thinking I might buy it myself if I had not JUST finished my own house.
Isn't it great? I am so excited the owner decided to list with us. I really hope someone buys this house, so I can do a post about another success story! PLEASE!
2. Last week one of my favorite listings, which I wrote about here, was featured on Cote de Texas! I love Joni and was thrilled she wrote about the home... She's one of the best bloggers in the country!
3. Today my friend Holly, of Things That Inspire, featured Glennis Beacham's amazing French Home on Habersham. Architect Duane Stone. Interiors Peggy Stone. I am so flattered that Holly featured the home... she is also one of the best bloggers in the country and probably THE best in Atlanta.
And that, my friends, is why blogging is awesome! Any questions?
Oh wait, I have one... well, two.
A few months ago I asked you guys something. Do you come here to read about my life, or do you come here to see pictures of houses? Well, I heard you. Less Blayne, more Houses. Since then I have worked really hard to write a lot more about houses and a lot less about me. I wanted to know, how am I doing? New Poll Time!!
And while I have your attention, I am very curious about where you readers come from, so please answer :) [polldaddy poll=6012908]
Thanks for everything lovies!
p.s. Jimmy and I start personal training tonight... all this love/eating has not been great for either of us. :)