Kristin Mayfield Meredith is a fantastic jewelry designer and a manager at Noah J & Co. on East Andrews. I've known her for years through this blog and watched her jewelry designs grow more and more sophisticated. I love the size and weight of her work. She sources material from all over the world as well as locally. To purchase her pieces online, you can visit her store here.
1. Describe your typical work day.
My work day is hectic and fun, I consult on social media for a handful of designers and artisans here in Atlanta so that begins early and then I go to my friend's store, Noah J. & Co., where I mange his Interior furnishings showroom. Jewelry happens anywhere in between and on Sundays and Mondays.
2. Who is your favorite artist (visual or musician).
I am, and always have been, very much into music of all kinds. My all time favorite is Led Zeppelin but I am currently on a Ryan Adams and Alt J binge.
3. Describe your perfect night out in Atlanta.
My husband and I live in Decatur so date night in downtown Decatur is my ideal night out on the town.
4. What is the one place in Atlanta you feel is your secret place? What do you love about it?
My backyard with my chickens, husband and dog. You can find us every evening, weather permitting, having chicken happy hour and throwing the ball to our dog. The most relaxing place for me.
5. What did you want to be when you were young?
A fashion designer
6. What book made a difference to you?
I am a classic literature and non-fiction reader so period pieces, memoirs and biographies are my favorite. I don't have enough hours in the day to read as much as I would like so I want to learn something when I do read.
7. What is your favorite recipe to cook at home?
Steak Au Poivre, that is pretty much the menu for every Friday night.
8. What was the best purchase you made last year?
I replaced my Mac laptop, iPhone and iPad for the latest and greatest!!
9. Where is your favorite place to buy things for your personal home?
Noah J. & Co. I love everything Chris buys for his store!
10. If you were going to give an elevator pitch for why you love Atlanta, what would you say?
Atlanta's diversity of restaurants and neighborhoods allow you to experience whatever you are in the mood for.
Thank you Kristin! Please check out her website here.