Welcome to my new series "Made in the South," where I showcase Southern artisans and their crafts. I found Nicole Dibos (a Baltimore native) and her company Elyse by Nicole on Instagram. I fell in love with her bangles. She happily be agreed to be the first participant in this series and agreed to giveaway her funky "Lucy" bracelet.
In addition to the bracelet giveaway, Nicole answered her favorites from the "10 Questions" series so we can get to know her a little better. Bonus: you can learn all about her favorite Baltimore spots!
10 Questions with Nicole Dibos
1. If you could choose one celebrity and raid their closet, who would you choose?
Every woman in Hollywood!!! I absolutely love fashion and clothes, I would say I'm a bit too clothing obsessed. Since I started my business I have spent less time shopping and more time researching current styles and trends. If I had to choose one person I would have to say Blake Lively. I love everything she wears!!
2. Who is your favorite artist?
Andy Warhol. I love all his colors!
3. Describe your prefect date night.
Dinner at Mezze in Fells Point (Baltimore) with my boyfriend then drinks. This is our absolute favorite place to eat! The best tapas and absolutely delicious drinks. I'm all about ambiance and my boyfriend is all about food. This place has the best of both!
4. What did you want to be when you were young?
A veterinarian who owned a horse farm! I used to ride horses and would draw pictures of my future farm.
5. What book made a difference to you?
The Defining Decade by Meg Jay. It's a book about people in their 20s and the problems that they face. It's very relatable. It is one of the reasons I started my own business! It gave me the courage to go after my dream and make it a reality.
6. What was the best purchase you made last year?
A French press and pumpkin flavored coffee :)
7. Where is your favorite place to buy things for your personal home?
Home goods!!! LOVE that place.
8. What is your main goal for 2015?
To expand my business and hopefully to hire employees! Also to just be happy everyday and to help others be happy :)
* I promise not to use your email address for ANYTHING other than contacting you if you are the winner. I will delete the list after the contest.
** If you would like to subscribe to this blog by email, you can enter it on the right side of the screen - right above my profile picture.
*** If you are a Southern artisan who would like to be featured in this series, please email me: [email protected].
If you liked this post, you might also like: